Anu is a senior intersectional gender equality and inclusion advisor with extensive experience in the not-for-profit and government sectors including: Our Watch Australia, CARE Australia, Australian Council for International Development, Gender Consortium (Flinders University), IT4Change and Action Aid India.
She has a strong background in international development and is highly skilled in developing robust systems, policies and approaches that deliver high-quality measurable initiatives on promoting intersectional gender equality and inclusion, providing specialist technical advice and thought leadership. She is an experienced applied policy researcher and skilled facilitator with many years of teaching and training on a range of gender-related issues.
Anu’s current and previous Board and Committee Members positions include:
- Steering Committee of the Women Peace and Security Civil Society Coalition
- South Australian Premier’s Council for Women
- Executive Committee Member, Academics Stand Against Poverty
- Board Member, UN Women Australia
- Board Member, YMCA Adelaide
Widely published, Anu has co-authored and contributed to a number of respected white papers and journals including:
- Gender and Conflict Prevention: Ties that Don’t Bind
- Civil Society Participation in Women, Peace and Security Governance: Lessons from Australia
- A “Fair Go” in the Lucky Country? Gender Equality and the Australian Case in Anders Örtenblad, Raili Marling and Snježana Vasiljević
- The Dialectics of Power and Powerlessness in Transnational Feminist Networks: Reframing citizenship in the global use of ICTs
- Peace and Security: Implications for Women
Anu has a PhD in Information Studies from Syracuse University, USA; a Master of Arts, Communications Management from the University of Southern California, USA, and a Bachelor of Arts, Politics & English Literature from Mumbai University, India.