Ruth enjoys a multifaceted professional background spanning various industries. Her primary professional objective centres around advancing women’s involvement within markets and fostering dignified employment prospects for women. Her engagement within both small and large-scale collaborations has prominently revolved around addressing the pressing concern of modern slavery and the empowerment of women and girls.
With a proven record of accomplishment in developing and implementing global growth opportunities, strong management experience and leadership qualities, Ruth delivers strong team performance and demonstrated return on investment. She inspires stakeholders in causes through highly skilled relationship management with an ability to work across diverse sectors.
Ruth’s current and previous Board and Committee Member positions include:
- Australian Childhood Foundation
- Kids First Foundation
- United Nations Year of Microcredit Committee
- Australian Evaluation Society
- CARE International Made by Women Committee
Ruth’s conferences and speaking engagements include:
- Social Enterprise Forum (NZ)
- LEGACY Responsible Fashion Summit (Sydney)
- David Jones – Deep Dive into Modern Slavery (Melbourne)
- CARE Learning Event on The Cost of Sexual Abuse in the Garment Industry (Sydney)
- Master of Ceremonies at The Business of Women at Work (Phnom Penh)
Ruth has a Master of Business Administration from Deakin University and Diploma in Marketing from the University of Queensland.